IEP/504 Team Determination of Home-BASED Placement
Home-BASED Placement is designed for students with IEP or 504 plans currently in place. If, for some reason, the IEP/504 Team decides that a student’s educational needs are better met at home, a Home-Based Instruction Plan is discussed with all involved with the child’s education and if appropriate, Home-Based Instruction is put into place.
There are no medical requirements for Home-Based Instruction and is solely based on the needs of educational needs of the child as determined by the IEP/504 Team.
Generally, the process is as follows:
- IEP/504 meeting is convened and the team determines home-based services are needed. At this time, Case Manager should provide parent with Parent and Student Guidelines for each to sign.
- Case Manager consults with School Counselor to develop Instructional Plan which would include:
a. type of instruction (Blended Learning or Direct Instruction)
b. list of classes
c. number of hours necessary for instruction.
- Case Manager notifies school social worker, administrator, and school counselor of team’s decision (Home-Based Services Instruction Notification form).
- School Social Worker works toward identifying a home-based teacher/coach. The school social worker will provide home-based teacher with appropriate material such as time-sheet, and copies of the parent and student guidelines, etc.
- Home-Based teacher contracts parent to establish time and place of instruction.