Scholarships & Opportunities
- Senator Mark R. Warner invites high school and middle school students, their parents, and school counselors to Academy Day 2017. Attendees will be provided a comprehensive overview of the United States service academies and their admission processes. In addition, students will be able to meet with officials from all five academies as well as representatives from ROTC programs, Virginia Tech, and the Virginia Military Institute. Representatives from Virginia Congressional offices will be available to answer questions
regarding the application procedures for congressional nominations. Save the Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017; 10:00am - 1:00pm; Paramount Theater, 215 East Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
- Students who love math and science and prefer to work with their hands rather than at desks, should check out the Washington DC Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee(JATC). The program offers accredited three and five year electrical apprenticeship programs in its state -of-the-art facility in Lanham, Maryland. Applications are accepted year -round . Learn more and apply at www.getchargedup.org
- High school students in Virginia are invited to honor outstanding African Americans by participating in Dominion Resources' and the Library of Virginia's Strong Men & Women in Virginia History student writing contest. Four winning essays will be chosen, one from each of the four regions in Virginia.
- The Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Conference (HOBY) will be held from June 2, 2017-June 4, 2017 at James Madison University. This leadership development training affords sophomores an opportunity to collaborate with like-minded students throughout the state. If interested in applying, please see Ms. Whorley in the school counseling office.
- This resource is an online directory of summer pre-college programs for high school students. The directory can be accessed and used for free. The information is: http://www.studenteducationprograms.com/virginia/