**The first day of 2nd Semester, January 2, 2017, will be a B-day so as to continue with our regular rotation and to keep LHS and BMS on the same A-day/B-day schedule.
- Minutemen Succeed, No Exceptions! In order to help our Minutemen maximize their potential for success we now a Minutemen Resources webpage that link makes teacher assignments accessible from anywhere. Students can click on missing work to print and complete or find extra study tools. Click here:https://sites.google.com/a/bedford.k12.va.us/minutemen-resources/ OR on the Quick Links Minutemen Resources.
- Have you ever wanted to receive text reminders with announcements concerning LHS? Now you can! Click HERE to sign up! More information is on the Daily Announcements page.
- Keep up to date with all the great activities that our 21st Century Grant are sponsoring through their webpage: https://sites.google.com/a/bedford.k12.va.us/lhs21/. There is also a quick link in the link list on our homepage. College credit, summer fun or classes to improve work readiness skills are just a few of the cool things that our 21st Century Grant program offers.
- Find out more about all the great things our library offers here: https://sites.google.com/a/bedford.k12.va.us/lhs-library/
- LHS Electronic Sign Fundraiser: We are asking every graduate and parent of every graduate to donate at least $1 to help make the dream of a digital sign become a reality. Thanks to the SCA Auction we are closer than ever to our goal. Currently we have $10,095.43 towards our goal for an electronic sign. Class Leaders: 1st Place: Class of 1965; 2nd Place: Class of 1970; 3rd Place: Class of 1969.
- Congratulations to the Super Seniors for November: Cody Maynard, Markayla Robinson, and Zjion Wright. These seniors, who will were nominated by their teachers, will receive gift certificates from Dominos of Bedford.
- The November Students-of-the-Month are 9th grade Aracely Rivas Silva; 10th grade Gabrielle Hurt; 11th grade Ashley Creasy. These students are being honored by Dominos of Bedford. Congratulations!
- What LIBERTY PRIDE & School Spirit was soon for WSLS's 1st and 10 recently! Check out a little of the excitement that was show at 5 am in the morning!
- The Liberty High School Art Department shared Butterfly Hugs with cancer patients. The movement called Butterfly Hugs sponsored by Spirit FM came about when a cancer patient received one handmade butterfly from a friend to make her feel better. The goal now is to share as many butterflies as possible to cancer patients in 23 cancer centers across Virginia , West Virginia, and North Carolina. The art students of Liberty High School gladly embraced this challenge and nearly 100 butterflies are finding their way to bring joy to the patients.
- What a SPECIAL day for our students! Liberty University had a special convocation for Special Olympics. Our Liberty athletes were there to be a part of this wonderful event. You can watch the entire thing live on our Bedford County Public Schools Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bedfordcountyps/ You're going to want to take the time to watch this video. #MinutemenSucceed #ProjectUnify http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=208879
Special Olympics Convocation from Liberty News on Vimeo.